A Complete Styling Guide- Do's & Don'ts for Rectangle shaped Women
You’ve a Rectangle body shape if-
• waist, hip and shoulder widths that are all similar to each other.
• The outline of your body won’t have many curves so you’ll need to use a few style secrets to create some.
Your styling goals-
• Create illusion of curves and a defined waist.
• Flaunt your lean arms and legs
Looks to invest in-
• Look for scoop-neck and sweetheart tops that help create curves.
• Round open necklines
• Wear bright colors on the upper and lower body but not on the waist.
• Belt your waist to create more of an hourglass figure. Wear a dark colored belt.
• Wear tops with collars, ruffles, bows, frills, rosettes, pockets pleates etc details to flatter your chest by adding interest and volume.
• Wear long jackets to create a lean look and emphasize your narrow rectangle body shape.
• Layering adds more dimensions to a simple rectangle body shape. Add interest in areas that need a curve.
• Invest in a good pushup bra.
• Because of your rectangle body shape, you can wear most pants styles and don’t have to worry about them being too tight. In fact, clothes that hug your body will create the illusion of curves.
Stay away from –
• Oversized, too large and shapeless
• Shapeless sleeve styles- such a fitted sleeves that add to the column look.
• Boxy tops that will make you look shapeless such an square necklines.
• Crop tops
• Straight dresses and skirts
Do you agree with these do's and don'ts? Let me know in the comment box below!
Styling tips for Apple, Hourglass & Pear shaped women are on its way, Stay Tuned!!